WRESTLING OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION
SAN FERNANDO/CHANNEL COAST SECTION
- It is the policy of the SCWOA, SF/CC SECTION to assign the top rated available officials to the most competitive (toughest) matches. The higher rated, more experienced officials will be assigned to the top matches, lower-rated, less-experienced officials to less difficult varsity and junior varsity matches and tournaments.
- Assignments shall be spread out as evenly as possible among all officials; taking into consideration the policy stated above, (#1) availability and proximity of officials to schools.
- At least one high-rated, experienced official will be assigned to Junior Varsity tournaments and multiple meets, to help control the flow of the meet, to help newer officials improve and to rate these officials for advancement.
- Officials assigned to all tournaments, quads, 10-ways, etc., will be charged an assignment fee of $3 per assignment. This year, the SCWOA, SF/CC SECTION will pay this assignment fee.
- Once an official indicates his availability for a specific date and is given an assignment for that date, he is responsible to be present at that assignment and remain until the end. Officials will be charged $5.00 for each official-requested change, after an assignment is accepted.
- If an official does not wish to work at a specific school, the official should let the Assignment Secretary know, in writing, before assignments are made.
- It is the responsibility of the official to double check all assignments on the website and it is suggested that officials call the school to confirm the time and place of the match, especially in special situations. An updated schedule of assignments can be found on www.scwofficials.com.
Cancellation and Charge Policy
- Switching assignments will not be allowed.
- If you need to cancel an assignment, contact an available official of equal rating and offer him the assignment. If the official accepts, contact the Assignment Secretary for approval and record keeping purposes. It is your responsibility to make sure the school is contacted so they will be aware of the change.
- If help is needed in finding an official, or if an emergency arises, contact the Assignment Secretary for assistance.