Situation – Week 1 (2018)
SCWOA — Situations — week 1; rules 1, 2 and 4 from the Rule Book & Case Manual
Answer the following questions and bring the answers to the next meeting noting Rule, Section, and Article.
Rule Book, Rule 1
1) Why is Rule 1, Section 3, Article 5 important for every official, rookie or veteran, to make sure this happens? Does it have to be the head coach? When is the best time to do this?
Rule Book, Rule 2
2) During a tournament, explain the guidelines for the coaches to be in the “restricted zone?”
Rule Book, Rule 4
3) During groom check, what is the procedure if the official thinks there is a communicable skin condition?
Case Manual, Rule 1
4) What should you do if you arrive to supervise the weigh ins for a dual meet and find out the coaches have completed the random draw after the weigh-ins are completed ?
Case Manual, Rule 2
5) During inspection of the wrestling mat and the general mat area for a dual meet, what must the referee request for the chairs, benches and score’s table?
Case Manual, Rule 4
6) Explain what a “suitable undergarment” means for a:
If a wrestler is 1/4 ounce overweight, can they remove the suitable undergarment to make weight? Can they take off their singlet?